Friday, September 25, 2009

Hello Everyone:

Tim Goodman, a TV critic at the San Francisco Chronicle, thinks he is very clever to come up with the idea of combining the concepts of Dexter with Ken Burns’ National Parks documentary.

But I am even more cleverer . . . rer than Mr. Goodman by 1.573 million miles, because, just recently I have completed my very own screenplay I am calling Dexter Meets Ken Burns.

Dexter Meets Ken Burns is about how Dexter discovers that Ken Burns has been using fake backdrops and CG effects in his National Parks documentary. Enraged, Dexter kidnaps Ken Burns, but accidentally assembles his killing room using crumbling plastic sheets and ties up Ken Burns with old used duct tape that has lost its stickiness. After chewing his way through the duct tape and rope, Ken Burns escapes. Dexter must now stop Ken Burns from releasing his next six-part,
12-hour documentary How I Escaped Dexter. Will he do it in time!?

I have already left phone messages with Showtime, Ken Burns and Michael C. Hall, but I guess they are very busy because they have not called back. If we cannot get Mr. Burns to play himself, I am sure Vin Diesel will and if we cannot get Mr. Hall maybe John Hodgman will be available to play Dexter (and as Hodgman is the Smartest Man I Know, I am sure he will accept).

Please feel free to offer any of your casting ideas. Your name will be included on the “thank you” list of the end credits (though Showtime may decide I am asking too much).

Whatever the results, I am very very sure this will be remembered as Hugh Lafferty's Best Idea!

Thank you for your help.

No comments: